GCR provides grant administration and program management services for local and regional transit authorities. As part of this process, GCR has established a long-standing relationship with the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) for securing federal grants and ensuring that transit providers receives the necessary capital and operating funds from the federal government for ongoing operations of fixed route and paratransit services.
- Transportation Planning and Management – GCR collaborates with local municipalities and regional transportation authorities to devise the most cost-effective and equitable transportation solutions, while complying with Federal Transit Administration guidelines.
- ADA Compliance – GCR provides assistance to ensure ADA compliance and paratransit planning for transit agencies. GCR consistently develops ADA plans that meet approval of the FTA. After approval, GCR works with transit providers to implement their plans, provide monitoring and achieve full compliance within FTA deadlines.
- Grant Administration – GCR provides grant administration services for transit agencies. Each year GCR applies for federal grants to ensure that the Parish receives the necessary capital and operating funds needed for the ongoing operations of fixed route and paratransit services. GCR works closely with regional metropolitan planning organizations to ensure that the secured funds needed for transit are properly programmed and included in annual Transportation Improvement Programs (TIP).
- Promotion Materials – GCR plans and conducts promotional activities and prepares promotional materials for transit agencies. GCR’s promotional activities include the development and maintenance of transit websites for posting schedule updates, map updates, traffic advisories, fare increases, special events, featured routes, featured operators, and evacuation information and the creation of bilingual public education campaign materials to educate passengers on transit issues.
- Transit Security Planning – To be eligible for transit security grant funding, all federally backed transit agencies are required to develop a security plan. GCR has experience crafting security plans that detail a transit agency’s short and long-term goals, specific plans of action, protocols, capital improvements, and implementation schedules necessary to reduce the agency’s security gaps and deficiencies.
- GCR chosen to Improve Transit Services in New Orleans Area This spring, GCR Inc. earned two transportation planning projects with...
- GCR Inc. Awarded Contract to Implement an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system for the Piedmont Triad Airport Authority The Piedmont Triad Airport Authority has contracted with GCR Inc. to i...
2021 Lakeshore Drive
New Orleans, LA 70122
Map and Directions