Recovery & Market Analysis
In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in 2005, GCR became immersed in the disaster response and recovery of the New Orleans metropolitan area, the state of Louisiana, and the Gulf Coast Region. GCR’s experience in this area was not gained through classroom training or theoretical exercises, but from firsthand actions required to recover the business and the community from the devastation of Katrina. The firsthand knowledge of practical (and sometimes impractical) solutions has led many clients to seek the advice and counsel of GCR when planning for or responding to a disaster.
Because of our extensive experience in Urban Planning, Information Systems, GIS Mapping, Program Management, and Systems Design, we were able to quickly provide comprehensive information to help guide the recovery effort. GCR’s analytical and consulting resources have been used in virtually every facet of the recovery process, including housing, health care, finance, education, criminal justice, public safety, and utilities. GCR’s capabilities in these broad professional subjects have led to our active involvement in many major emergency response and recovery initiatives throughout the U.S.
What we offer:
- Analysis of the pre-disaster and post-disaster community environment. This includes developing a fundamental understanding of the demographic, economic, socio-economic, governmental, and institutional elements of the community
- Delineation of the political, governmental, and community parameters which influence how a community responds and where resources are placed
- Identification of the key governmental, corporate, and civic interests which can participate in the recovery effort
- Development and organization of major community data sets organized in a meaningful manner to support small area analysis
- Advanced technological and intellectual resources to help craft and implement effective recovery response solutions
- GCR chosen to Improve Transit Services in New Orleans Area This spring, GCR Inc. earned two transportation planning projects with...
- GCR Inc. Awarded Contract to Implement an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system for the Piedmont Triad Airport Authority The Piedmont Triad Airport Authority has contracted with GCR Inc. to i...
2021 Lakeshore Drive
New Orleans, LA 70122
Map and Directions