Elections & Campaigns
Our skill and interest in managing planning projects and large data sets for corporate and governmental clients has led to our contemporary capabilities in a variety of areas; but namely, in a specialization we call, “Elections”. From statewide voter registration and election reporting systems to candidate based campaign software, GCR responds to client needs.
GCR has developed web-based tools that transform voter registration records, election information, and precinct geography into a robust set of applications to assist candidates, election officials/agencies, and the media in their understanding and analysis of elections. While the technology is evolving quickly, the goal remains the same: obtain an accurate forecast of what is occurring in the field relative to voter participation that will most significantly affect the vote tally of a candidate at end of the election cycle. Our election clients and services are numerous and diverse.
- Election Reporting – GCR stands ready to assist Election entities like Secretary of States and County Election officers in automating the process required to transfer election results from counties and precincts to a real-time election night reporting system. We say that we can do this because we have done this. GCR is a subject matter expert in the design and implementation of election management and reporting systems. Since 1995, we have been working with counties and states to perfect the management of voter registration data, to conduct elections, and to generate timely reporting of results. We offer clients the intellectual and technological resources required to design and build a system that optimizes data flow, and eliminates duplicate data entry and unnecessary manual procedures. By so doing, the clients are in a position to offer faster access to accurate and comprehensive election results.
- Election Mapping – GCR builds geographic enhancements to display which counties and/or precincts have uploaded election results. Geospatial representation can give a better understanding of who has reported, as well as potential problems in election results reporting. The incorporation of a mapping interface is a desirable feature for internal management as well as for consideration of the general public and news services. GCR is an ESRI business partner, and we would welcome the opportunity to introduce mapping services to your election reporting offerings.
- Voter Contact Websites – GCR customizes a secured voter contact website for each of its candidates. The website offers an accurate compilation of voter data for the given jurisdiction of the candidate, maps of precincts, maps illustrating past election outcomes, walk lists, and the ability to track voter contact. Through data entry pages, a candidate adds information to voter records and can access the personalized information from an inquiry and Excel download tool built into the website.
- Strategic Consulting & Targeting – Where does a candidate begin? GCR engages with a candidate’s team to formulate a winning strategy relative to where the likely voters are, how to message them, and the tools to accomplish the work of the campaign. Voting histories and precinct performance in past elections are essential in understanding the next election at hand. Detailed maps and lists are generated to establish the playing field for obtaining vote goals. Using proven analytics, GCR profiles and identifies voters in a candidate’s jurisdiction. Voters are tabulated by party, age, race, and gender. Individual voting patterns are established and a voter effectiveness score is assigned to each voter. From this, GCR predicts voter turnout, and more importantly, who will turn out to vote.
- Automated Call Programs – To facilitate contact with voters, GCR provides a turnkey service in the area of automated calling programs. GCR supplements voter registration telephone numbers with numbers acquired from third parties. We will work with a candidate to develop the contact list based on voting history, geographic distinction, age, race, etc. GCR offers the list, recording service, automated launch, and follow-up report on the details of the calls at the household.
- Redistricting and Reapportionment – GCR works with local and parish governments in the geographic and demographic determination of jurisdictions. Through GIS technology and master experience using ESRI products, GCR analyzes options for district layouts using U.S. Census and voter registration data. GCR offers detailed documentation of varying plans to define the districts relative to population and registration and to highlight issues of mal-apportionment. GCR’s experienced team will conduct public hearings and outreach meeting and assist in preparation of final delivery of the redistricting plan to the U.S. Justice Department and other official entities.
- Mapping – Printed maps are available for all jurisdictions within Louisiana and many jurisdictions throughout the United States. We maintain an up-to-date inventory of precinct detail and can readily respond to requests for electronic or hard copy maps.
- GCR chosen to Improve Transit Services in New Orleans Area This spring, GCR Inc. earned two transportation planning projects with...
- GCR Inc. Awarded Contract to Implement an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system for the Piedmont Triad Airport Authority The Piedmont Triad Airport Authority has contracted with GCR Inc. to i...
2021 Lakeshore Drive
New Orleans, LA 70122
Map and Directions