SAFETNet (Secure Automated Fast Event Tracking Network) helps members of different law enforcement agencies avoid conflicts among undercover drug enforcement events.
The system tracks both geographic location and times of operations and notifies agents if an operation’s time and place could conflict with any scheduled events. All conflict parameters are user-defined so that each agency has control over its own conflict reporting.
SAFETNet provides access to disparate databases using the Global Justice Extensible Markup Language (XML) Data Model (Global JXDM). This feature allows users to search several databases with one entry.
SAFETNet is a web and GIS-based system, using Microsoft SQL Server as its database engine and Esri’s ArcIMS Internet Map Server to provide mapping. Mapping options include filtering, multi-layer mapping, street mapping, and aerial photo mapping. Geo-coding of all data for mapping purposes is included with the system.
SAFETNet is also integrated into the National Virtual Pointer System (NVPS) – a national system that allows the retrieval of pointer information from several different federal databases. NVPS uses a customized XML schema to provide this capability.
This application has been implemented in 15 HIDTA’s across the country covering 38 states and Puerto Rico.
Application highlights include:
- Web based application
- Highly configurable
- Conflicts computed based on time and place
- All conflicts reported in real-time
- Immediate conflict alerts
- Automatic messaging
- Event mapping
- Record archival
- GCR chosen to Improve Transit Services in New Orleans Area This spring, GCR Inc. earned two transportation planning projects with...
- GCR Inc. Awarded Contract to Implement an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system for the Piedmont Triad Airport Authority The Piedmont Triad Airport Authority has contracted with GCR Inc. to i...
2021 Lakeshore Drive
New Orleans, LA 70122
Map and Directions