Airport Operations & SMS Systems
Airport Operations Management
GCR’s Airport Safety & Operations Compliance System (ASOCS) is an enterprise-wide, operational and communications management system used to store critical activity, incident, security, and inspection information, and report information to both internal and external agencies. ASOCS is used by a variety of airport departments to manage operational information.
The FAA is encouraging certified airports to automate the collection of safety and compliance information by using an electronic logging software. ASOCS combines electronic incident logging with the upcoming FAA Advisory Circular 150/5200-37 mandate for compliance with the implementation of SMS programs. ASOCS combines FAR Part 139 compliance with SMS into a single, integrated capability that will help airports minimize risk, increase safety and have one system of record for FAA compliance.
- Operations Departments: Track incidents, inspections, maintain daily logs
- Airside: Wildlife inspections and activities
- Landside: Activity statistics
- Law Enforcement / Public Safety: Incidents
- Security Department: Incidents
- Dispatchers / Communications Department: Calls for services, response activities
- Airport Administration / Management: Review and dissemination of daily events/activities
- Maintenance: Work orders, inspections
- ARFF: Incidents, inspections, tracking training
- Legal Department: Incidents and daily logs
GCR recently added mobile functionality to ASOCS which allows airport operations personnel to use an iPad to record real-time data on field conditions and transmit it to maintenance departments, management, or airline tenants. ASOCS Mobile displays data such as lighting, signage, runway/taxiway condition, gates, landside operations, and other pertinent information in the field. This capability greatly enhances the information available to operations staff allowing them to provide the most current data to tenants and the flying public.
Flight Information & Management
Airport IQ DataCenter is GCR’s online repository for detailed operational statistics for US IFR flights, allowing detailed querying and reporting on this data to produce reports and data sets tailor made to the needs of each client.
Airport IQ netFIDS is GCR’s state-of-the-art flight information display system, in use throughout the country.
netFIDS was built to serve in a modern multi-use, multi-airline airport operating environment. Recognizing the significant differences and operational modes of various airlines serving an airport, netFIDS approaches the MUFIDS environment in a number of new and creative ways:
- Integrated Podium Displays: GCR’s touch-screen podium displays allow airlines operating at the gate to have complete control of their flight information at the touch of a button.
- Remote Use and Administration: Because of its web-based design, the system can be deployed for a variety of purposes at remote locations, such as hotels, airline hospitality rooms, taxicab staging areas, airline operations, airline lounges, etc. The system can also be administered and/or updated from anywhere inside or outside of the airport.
- Absolute System Stability: Automated self-recovery following computer or network hardware disruptions or internet communication outages.
- Optimal Functionality: Features to serve the needs of individual airlines and their back-office operations.
- Other functions:
- Dynamic Visual Paging
- Commercial, Full-Motion Video Advertising
- Flight Map Displays
- GCR chosen to Improve Transit Services in New Orleans Area This spring, GCR Inc. earned two transportation planning projects with...
- GCR Inc. Awarded Contract to Implement an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system for the Piedmont Triad Airport Authority The Piedmont Triad Airport Authority has contracted with GCR Inc. to i...
2021 Lakeshore Drive
New Orleans, LA 70122
Map and Directions